Paper and paper products consist the highest volume of dry waste in Mashhad

Feed: 2707 - Date: 5/21/2017 - Views: 771

Since the highest amount of the produced dry waste is paper and paper products in the city, the organization is in charge of collecting waste paper from governmental and private offices and agencies.

vote: 3.00
by 1 people - Please vote
According to Tasnim News agency from the holy city of Mashhad, from the perspective of World Health Organization, the issue of solid waste disposal is one of the important problems which has emerged as the result of urbanization and industrialization. Many countries have problems managing these materials and require a comprehensive and practical solution.
In our country, the increasingly population growth and continuous expansions of the cities from one hand and the proliferation and the development of industrial, commercial, and service activities on the other hand have led to the production of large quantities of solid waste in the cities the management of which, due to the lack of budgets and possibilities, often resulted in numerous problems including the problem of environmental pollution.
Therefore, nowadays one of the important factors of environmental pollution is the lack of proper management of waste. The experience in the world metropolitan cities shows that the only way to deal with the problem is to design a scientific and appropriate system of waste management. 
The official statistics indicate that three cities of Tehran, Mashhad, and Isfahan are producing the highest quantities of daily waste in the country while Mashhad is in the second ranking. Tehran, Mashhad, and Isfahan are producing respectively 3 thousand tons, 2 thousand tons, and 1500 tons of garbage each day which have the highest quantities of daily waste in the country and Mashhad is in the second place in this respect. 
Out of the two thousand tons of daily produced waste in Mashhad, 70% is west and the rest 30% is dry. In fact two thousand tons of waste is collected in Mashhad out of which 750 tons is changed into compost fertilizer and 1350 tons of the waste is dumped. Out of this quantity 200 tons is dry waste 53% of which is paper and the rest consists of glass, metals, polystyrene, rubber etc.
On the other hand, I am afraid the garbage produced at the hospitals and clinics in Mashhad is not separated into contaminated and uninfected waste at the source and all wastes are collected at the same place. Thus, the uninfected wastes cannot be recycled and are buried together with contaminated waste. According to the statistics of waste management, out of all the doctors in Mashhad around 120 doctors are cooperating in the separation of contaminated from non-contaminated waste. 
Moreover, according to the public relations of waste management organization in Mashah municipality, there has been an increase in the quantity of wet and dry waste this year, and the registered statistics on household and street waste indicate that the amount of wet waste and of course dry waste went up last year compared that of two years ago. 
In total, wet waste in 2016 had 7% increases in 2015 so that the average daily waste in Mashhad was over 2000 tons in Mashhad in 2016. 
Referring to dealing with the environmental issues as one of the most important problems of big cities' the CEO of Mashhad Municipality Waste Organization, Bakhshizadeh, stated, "2000 tons of wastes are daily produced in Mashhad which should be managed."
Stating that the most important objective in the programs of the organization has been to increase the separation of the waste and to decrease the waste produced by people, he noted, "Despite the culture making carried out, the people's cooperation was insignificant, and only 64% of the population are cooperating in this respect. Moreover, 13 percent of dry wastes are separated by people, but this figure should be increased."
Bakhshizadeh believes that since the most amounts of produced dry wastes are paper and paper products, the organization is collecting the paper waste in the governmental and private offices."
He added, "A daily average of 615 kg of waste paper is collected from governmental and private foundations, agencies, offices, and institutes. Moreover, the 59 newsstands cooperating with us are collecting an average of 615 kg of waste paper."
He continued, "The citizens can cooperate by delivering their waste paper to these 59 newsstands in the city." 

[Back to list]
Directory Categories:
New Members: ● Arteck group limited   ● Narumon Paper Industry Co.,Ltd   ● Dongguan Xinwu Trade CO.,Ltd   ● Al Faisaliah Group (AFG)   ● KFP Corporation